Comerica Supplier Information
Comerica views our suppliers as important contributors to our growth and our ability to assure high quality products and services to clients and customers. Through our Corporate Procurement Department, we are committed to developing supplier relationships that help drive efficiency and profitability by leveraging supplier spend across business segments. Comerica awards business to its suppliers through a competitive process, based on the best overall value, including quality, diversity, capability, sustainability programs, price and relationship.1
When a potential supplier registers through the Comerica process, the company is added to Comerica’s supplier database. The supplier database is used to identify potential suppliers who may be invited to participate in the sourcing and bid selection process. Information provided by you on your company’s registration form will be kept confidential and will be subject to reasonable safeguards against improper disclosure.
The completion of the supplier registration is not an approval for doing business with Comerica. It does not guarantee that your company will receive an RFx, request for bid, or a contract from Comerica. Completion of the supplier registration does not imply that your company has any type of procurement relationship with Comerica, either now or in the future.
The supplier registration file provides key information about your company to Comerica. Please update any outdated or incorrect information in your registration as needed. If your registration has not been accessed for a period twelve (12) months (i.e., no updates or changes) it is subject to deletion.
Supplier Risk Management and Performance
In compliance with regulatory guidelines and leading business practices, Comerica conducts initial and ongoing risk evaluations of its suppliers. Initial due diligence reviews of potential suppliers are performed based upon the scope of services to be provided and the potential risk to Comerica associated with these services. Due diligence reviews are performed in an effort to:
- Understand goals and objectives surrounding the proposed engagement in conjunction with the total cost of ownership
- Validate that activities (i) are to be conducted in a safe and sound manner; (ii) comply with regulatory guidance; and (iii) are in line with industry leading business practices
- Identify, assess, quantify and mitigate risks that may be associated with services to be provided
- Understand how controls and performance expectations will be actively managed and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Identify opportunities to leverage supplier spend and improve cost savings
- Drive continuous improvement
Requests made to potential suppliers may include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in a Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), and/or other methods of supplier selection
- Completing risk questionnaire surveys to reviews risk areas determined to be applicable to the service
- Reviewing supporting documentation and/or on-site review to validate responses to surveys
- Presenting a product, service, technology and/or system architecture overview, as applicable
- Providing names of clients to be contacted as reference checks
- Supplying proof of employee background checks, as applicable
- Providing diversity certifications as applicable (ethnic minority, woman-owned, persons with disabilities or veteran-owned)
- Providing information regarding environmental sustainability programs and performance
Comerica is dedicated to uncompromising integrity in all that it does and how it relates to its internal colleagues and to persons outside Comerica. The Comerica Code of Ethics (the "Code") reflects the values that define Comerica and the principle that even the appearance of impropriety must be consistently avoided. To that end, Comerica requires that all suppliers (and/or third parties acting as agents of Comerica) conduct themselves with the same high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity. Suppliers must abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations while assuring that all services are conducted with a high degree of professionalism and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relationship.
Helping Businesses and Communities Succeed
At Comerica, we are committed to supporting the communities in which we serve. This includes an ongoing effort to enhance local and regional business climates through various initiatives, like our Comerica Supplier Diversity Program.
The Comerica Supplier Diversity Program helps foster the growth of small and minority-owned companies in Michigan, California, Florida, Texas, Arizona, and across the nation. As a large, national corporation, we rely upon an ever-increasing network of business partners to meet the needs of our customers. A growing number of these partners meet the Comerica Supplier Diversity Program criteria. Click Here for a full explanation of Comerica’s Supplier Diversity Program.
Begin the process to become a Comerica Supplier
1 Excludes special, confidential, or other matters outside of the normal supplier process